Housing Authority of the County of Kern

Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program

You have 3 options to apply:

  1. Complete an application by clicking here. Download the PDF file, complete the application, attach the following documentation and email to cavila@kernha.org: 
    • Current Income Verification (recent check stub/unemployment statement/disability verification; or copy of medical bills since March 2020 exceeding $1,000 (patient responsibility)
    • Recent electricity bill in your name or Valid Picture ID with current address
    • Copy of current lease or mortgage statement 


      2. Complete a pre-application online by clicking here. Once processed, a full application packet will be sent to you.


      3. Obtain a paper application by going to the Housing Authority's Central Office: 601 24th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301.